静かな夜、光を待って
でもいつも来ない

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Snippets

I remembered the day the Esplanade had an Open House and me and Kevin were in the middle of the theatre (amid exclaimations that there was no reception because of the way the structure was built), and we promised each other that we will watch something together here. Well, more than a year has passed, and i guess I beat him to it. heh heh.

It was actually my 2nd time in that place and yes i still feel very overwhelmed at the sheer scale of it. Watching "The Revenge of the Dim Sum Dollies" with Sharon, Yidong and Jiahui on the 3rd level circle seats was not something I get to do often. I envy Ken alot, Studying in NY University and so close to Broadway he gets to see top-notch theatrical productions every weekend if he so pleases. I'm glad the Esplanade was built, really, because I'm actually quite a sucker for these stage productions and I'm glad we have our own "Broadway" here. It was thoroughly enjoyable, Selena Tan was an excellent standup comic. Met quite a few couples (friends from school who evidently have changed boyfriends/girlfriends already). Hai, why can't people just be satisfied with what they have? Well, perhaps the old adage "you never know till you try" applies; I just do not have to subscribe to it.

On another note, my Dad let me drive his car today! Drove from Home to City Hall MRT via ECP exiting Suntec area. It was my first time cruising down the highway, and seriously I was quite jittery because I usually do not do 90km/h when I have an "L" plate hanging in front of my car. However, Mom commended that i drove relatively well, and Dad said that all i needed was more practice and I'd be as good as him! Wow! Driving car tomorrow again! Probably driving to hall (with Dad guiding me of cos), then they will drive the car back. Tomorrow will be PACKED..I'm supposed to have lunch with Grandma after Church, then Gila taking photos with her Convocation gown at Suntec at 4 and Im supposed to be there, and Wenmin/DM/vonne wanna go see fireworks at the FireworksFestival tomorrow as it is the last day.

I have to keep reminding myself that the holidays are over and I should start hitting the books soon.... Time to switch back to hermit mode

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home