Lingerings
On a lonely train ride home, steeping in ballads, pondering about things left out in our happy everyday lives
It is important to toe the line between the extremes of being nice and leading the person on, and devastating the person by cutting her out of your life. Unrequited love involves giving your love, in the hopes of expectancy, but when the line is drawn, all that is left, is blank. And precisely because it was not bearing fruit, you try all the harder, like a gambler hoping against hope as he bets the money for his return trip home, that something would come out of this nothing, and that stones would bleed if squeezed hard enough. I have had my fair share of such pain in my youth, so in situations when the tables are turned, I hope I have the maturity to deal with it, precisely what I wish my crushes in the past were sensitive enough to do.
Right now, everytime I think about her, i feel something, but it is not love.

3 Comments:
only because YOU STILL HAVEN'T REPLIED MY EMAIL *pout*... i gotta put this on your comments instead: who is her? ;)
Izzo! I have been unbelievably busy these few days, will clear my backlog of emails soon, heh, in actual fact I have added you to skype already.. When are u usually online? (Hmmm in SG time yea?).
PS: Alot of people have misread this post. Does it sound like ME having the crush or the other way round?
sounds like u rejected a person even though u liked tt person.
Post a Comment
<< Home