Cornered
Part of the reason for brand loyalty especially for financial services is the outstretched hand in times of real need. No, not credit limits, but something as simple as Minimum Balance. That is why I bank with UOB, because while DBS charges me $2 a month to keep my money there, UOB allows me a Current Checking Account with a Minimum Balance of $1, useful for people like me who on certain months have just a few dollars to his name. When I finally earn a decent salary after graduation, it is obvious where I would bank at, partly due to gratitude, but mostly because of loyalty.
Reiterated, an outstretched hand in times of need would be repayed with gratitude many times over in more prosperous times. And conversely, people who trample others down just when they are in financial need would see the opposite response in days of sunshine.
I enjoy good food. However, Culinarily spoilt as I am, I do not think much about eating just rice and vegetables for every meal if need be. At this point of time, I really wonder which is more important: My freedom (which includes time, and a life, as I am actually having my holidays now) or Money, without which I cannot live. I planned to spend September relaxing, but since they have to go twisting my arm financially like that, I might have to re-think my battle plans.
That said, frugality can only mitigate the outflow of money, while INCOME, on the other hand, would break the cycle of poverty. Any idiot knows that. Although I do not relish the thought of working in a law firm by day, and temping by night, it is a "you do what you have to do" mentality. Problem is, scouring classifieds gave many results, but I am not sure how many employers would take well to the fact that I don't work on Friday nights (Cell Group) and Sunday Mornings (church). Anyhows, being in church seems to be a full time thing (at least from Thursdays onwards), I would have to give up something for something. There you go, a zero sum game, something has to be lost before something is gained? Or is there a possibility of multi-tasking.
Damn, I hate being cornered. Put a man through the fire and its sink or swim.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home