静かな夜、光を待って
でもいつも来ない

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Age

10 years. That is how long since I entered my alma mater Anglican High School.

Why did it suddenly hit me? Well, I was "facilitator" (or more appropriately OGL) for the team from Anglican High for today's Central Narcotics Bureau's Drug Free day event at Fort Canning Park. Its sortof like an Amazing race type of game where pitstops are game stations with drug related themes. My charges were all Sec 2 student councillors, and on hindsight, they were definitely more streetwise and had higher EQ that the 14 year old James. They kept telling me of the teachers that are there, most of whom I don't know. pricipal's changed. Discipline Mistress changed. Music/Art/D&T teachers, changed. So essentially there is no reason for me to return except for the building. Perhaps I would climb over the gates of the school on a quiet sunday and take lomographs of the place, provided I don't get reported to the police by the grouchy keeper.

Some things are left in our memories until a new spark comes along to rekindle it. I am grateful for the students that I have met (and who all spontaneously added me to MSN tonight), for it rebuilt a bridge that I thought I burnt down years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home