Hiatus

Bintan Morning
I love looking out to the clear expanse, wading in water clear enough to see my feet and pick up shells from, just lazing on the deck chair, cheap beer, waking up and eating breakfast by the shore, kayaking into the ocean, drinking margaritas at the bar, in essence, a resort lifestyle.
It was the first beach resort that i have been out of Singapore, but then again, Bintan seemed to be an extension of Singapore (I am deliberately phrasing my words v.e.r.y. carefully, lest someone accuses me of saying that Bintan is a colony of Singapore and hence harming Singapore-Indonesian ties). Everything was in Sing dollars, for starters, but then again, the whole northern shore of the island is a resort, and they even have this unabashedly touristy "Pasar Oleh Oleh" (think Eunos' Malay Village) where the souveniers, batik and printed T-shirts are sold... in Sing dollars. On the flipside, it was good that I had access to Channel 5 and Channel NewsAsia, so I didn't miss the IOC announcement for London. I didn't buy anything though, everything's cheaper in Singapore, except the beer. Really wanted to go Jet-Skiing, but it was $50 bucks and I needed to feed myself with the $8.90++ meals, but we did go kayaking and it was just, in a word, fantastic.
Next week, I take my first step into the White-collared Legal Working world.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home