静かな夜、光を待って
でもいつも来ない

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Friendship

I am resisting the lull of complacency that comes with writing a personal blog, to degenerate into a "how busy my day was, and schedule of my really busy day". I decided to spare my readers this agony. I know you guys love me, so I'd play my part and at least write constructively. Self-centredness would lead me to believe that I lead one of the most happening lives around, i guess i don't have to force that idea down anybody's throat, but happening doesn't mean happy.

Today, surprisingly, happiness came upon me. Its not that it is an elusive entity out of my grasp, it is just lost under the mumbo jumbo of other seemingly "must-do"s in my life. I shared with trish a few nights ago, that I am very tangibly feeling that I am losing my old friends, those who have gone through thick and thin with me. They probably think I'm some busy law student who have no time for me. Mistake. Busy yes, but it is not law that I am busy with. (Conversely, I wish i could spend more time studying)

Then what? Lets leave that till later

Happiness to me is spending time with my friends. Managed to catch Peiching while she was working at the com lab, and waited for the bus with her. Missed those carefree days where we would spend hours upon hours on the phone chatting about irrelevant stuff. It seemed such a luxury, and I'm grateful for that short stint of time I get to spend with those I care about. Like meeting Kaf for prata at Fong Seng after the Law Careers Fair ( One phrase the lawyer said stuck in my mind: "When i just started to practice, I didn't see the sun for months" <-- Shit, how to get married like that?), to Running with Kevin (who is increasingly unfit) but really enjoyed the chit chat session in front of Kent Ridge Hall. These are the little things that I enjoy that I have been depriving myself of. Met Weisheng at the entrance of KR and walked back with him, all the way talking about our old JC mates, how everyone is doing etc. Just found out that he, being this super-achiever, has just started the "Get Real" magazine, is on the dean's list, and earning big bucks outside now, like the typical business student. Perhaps I don't agree with his stance that our other classmates are less successful in life because they don't hold professional jobs, or how a certain other classmate is "lost" because he cannot get his honours etc, but still I have to salute him for doing what he is doing.

I seem to aspire to become what I am not. Trish is right, I have one foot stuck in the world. Back to the main point: Those that I gripe to would know what has been possessing all my time and hence, my happiness.

Its time for a revolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home