静かな夜、光を待って
でもいつも来ない

Monday, February 07, 2005

Mulling

There is a time and season for everything. Once again, I seem overstretched by everybody's demands of me. I am tempted to just crawl away into my secret place and sleep for 12 hours at a time, but living by the mantra that challenges moulds a person just kills this option. I have to overcome this.

Today will be no different, just that, with the CNY pressing in, I am looking for a glimmer of hope in the form of Bak Kwa and pineapple tarts. However, there still looms a threat of occupation: the spirit of work. I was reflecting once again how much work i have done this sem for my modules. Zilch. Or maybe just enough to smoke through tutorials, which probably means one night a week. Its not that I don't know whats going on, its just that i don't know enough to even attempt the assignments given to me. I'm lucky I'm not in Engine. I would never survive with such pathetic work ethics.

A quick runthrough (not chronological):

1)Grace has got married, did deco and usher for her wedding, which is the least I could do for her. Sigh, will miss her much since she's going to Thailand to live with Aaron, the church missionary.

2) I am working!! For the first time in my life, I am working. Its not that I'm spoilt, its just that parental objection is a really big hurdle for me, and this time, it is done in total defiance to their wishes. Why? Because times are bad, and I would never be able to afford Grace's wedding hongbao, and V-day gifts and Chinese New Year clothes, and photostating all the materials needed for assignments, and topping up MRT cards yadda yadda, plus I'm saving up for an iPOD. Thanks once again to William for this lobang, cos its 5pm to 9pm on Tues and Thurs nights, which I am free. Its also cool because my work scope requires me to help unemployed or struggling people to look for jobs, so at least it has some meaning for me, and not just "a job".

3) "Taking it to the streets!" program: Reading story books to underprivileged kids in Whampoa was such an eye opener. Some of them were initially recitent and hostile, but heh heh, I guess I'm childish in the first place (okok Child-like) so they take to me easily. heh. It is tiring, but fun, and I wouldnt want to spend my saturday afternoons any other way :]

4) "Dating for dummies" Actus Play with Trish. I really love theatre, esp if my friends are performing. Laki and Dory were GREAT, great as in credible characters that are sooo unlike them. I am also really impressed by Luke's character where the stage lines were monumental. For me i think it would be a huge challenge memorising lines again, have not done it for 4 years liao heh. Maybe one day I might just do it again, never say never.

5)MDC-SLR debates. Have. to. get. this. over. with. Argh.

6) Looking forward to Lao Yu Sheng with the OG, and TG(?). And ang pows!! I'm broke!

More and more, I think Japan would be a great form of escape for me. Probably, when i get back, I will be more inclined to be sociable, less resistant to serving in church, and more energy to do things in this perpetual summer. Change is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home